stories and recipes from a young mom who is still just trying to figure it all out!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My picky piggy

The dog is giving me his sad eyes. I know he wants to go for a walk terribly and he will continue to steal the baby's binky, eat my bras and cause chaos until I take him on one. But all day I have been cleaning and rearranging furniture and basically doing everything but being a good doggy mom. Don't even get me started on how bad this makes me feel. But sometimes it is just so damn windy! I really do hate the wind...

Ally is content to play with the buttons on the Xbox remote; thank goodness she is at a pretty easy age right now. So I have taken a little break to continue to not take the dog on a walk and to just chill.

Ahhh... that's better.

In about an hour I plan to pack up the baby and go on a little family outing to the gym. Some people say not to go to the gym with your man, but I wonder who came up with the rule? I love going to the gym with Beau! We motivate each other. We get a little bonding time while we warm up and then it is off to our own areas of the gym where I am usually working out the butt area and he is off doing whatever men work out at the gym. Then back together for some cardio and a little sauna time. Plus it is kind of fun to pretend he is a stranger and to watch him from across the room... but anyway I won't get into that. I believe my grandmother reads these. ;)

This will be the very first time I have ever taken Ally anywhere where she will be watched by a stranger. (I usually leave her with my mom or Aunty Bean) She is a sturdy 6 months old now and I should be fine with the idea, but it has me strangely anxious. Not really for her safety or anything (although I am sure that is part of it) but more for the person who will be watching her! Is she going to scream and cry at them? Will they know what to do when she cries? Will they hold her like she likes to be held? What if they have terrible breath and breathe in her face the whole hour she is in there?! Ugh...

I am sure she will be fine. I guess I am just one of those silly worry wort types. And once she is back safely in my arms at home, I will continue on my mission to try ways to get her to eat carrots since I have already bought so many! So carrots and rice will be on the menu and hopefully all goes well.

Ally's Carrots and Rice

1/4 cup pureed carrots from the previous recipe
1/4 cup brown rice
2 cups water (aprox.)

boil the water and then add in the brown rice. Boil for about 30 minutes, until the rice is tender. In your baby food maker or a food processor, blend the rice with some of the liquid. Continue to add liquid until the rice is the right consistency. Once smooth and baby food looking, stir in a bit of the pureed rice with the pureed carrots. Bam! Isn't making baby food fun? If only everything in life were as easy...




No comments:

Post a Comment